August 9, 2009

29 Weeks and still counting...

All About Baby

Your baby is filling out this week. She's adding fat to insulate her body for the day she leaves her cozy home. You can probably distinguish between feet and hands, head and bottom when your baby-to-be moves inside you. She takes practice breaths but won't breathe air until delivery.

Your baby's growth has begun to slow down now, but she will still gain approximately four pounds between now and birth. If she were born now, she would be able to breathe, but might tire easily and need assistance. Her little eyes are sensitive to light.

How Big Is Baby?

At two pounds, 12 ounces and almost 10 and one-half inches (crown to ump), your little one is growing fast!

I got to see Dr. Kareem on Friday and things are going well so far. She is planning on sending me for a growth ultrasound on the baby within the next few weeks to get a better idea when we will schedule my c-section. My goal date is October 8th :-)

Pregnancy Survey
  • How far along?: 29 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 18 lbs
  • How big is baby?: About 2 lbs
  • Maternity clothes?: Oh yes!!
  • Stretch marks?: None yet, and I am hoping I am lucky enough for it to stay this way!
  • Sleep?: Sleep?? What's that?
  • Best moment this week?: Feeling how strong her kicks are!!
  • Movement?: Lots! She is quite the active one!
  • Food cravings?: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
  • Labor signs?: None yet, thank goodness!
  • Belly button in or out?: Flat.. :-/
  • What I miss: Sleeping on my belly and being skinny!!!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Seeing how the nursery turns out :-)

0 comments: