April 15, 2009

Update on New Baby!

I had my monthly doctors visit yesterday. Which also included an NT Scan. For some of you that don't know that is.... This prenatal test (also called the NT or nuchal fold scan) can help your healthcare practitioner assess your baby's risk of having Down syndrome (DS) and some other chromosomal abnormalities as well as major congenital heart problems. The NT test uses ultrasound to measure the clear (translucent) space in the tissue at the back of your developing baby's neck. Babies with abnormalities tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average.

Everything looked great from the ultrasound now we just have to wait for the results from the bloodwork. It was so great to see the little peanut jumping all over the place. What a huge change from our last ultrasound. The baby is actually measuring bigger, so they have bumped my due date up to October 24th. However since I will be having a c-section I will be having the baby sooner. Right now my tentative date is October 22nd but if the baby continues to grow as well it might be moved up to either the 18th or 20th. :-)

Of course you are all dying to know if we are finding out the sex of the baby, and YES we are! The planners that Sean and I are its hard not to. Plus since we have so much "pink" we might have to do some re-arranging :-) Our gender determination ultrasound is tenatively scheduled for May 2nd (both Sean & I's guess is GIRL, so we'll see if we're right). I will be sure to keep everyone posted. In the meantime here are a few new pics of the little peanut.

0 comments: