June 10, 2009

21 Weeks

I can't believe I am 21 weeks already! At times I think time is going by slow it really isn't. Baby Girl Hogan #2 will be here in 18 weeks or less... :-) She is still nameless; and until her Daddy & I agree she will remain that way.... :-( I am hoping we come to a decision soon because I have lots of stuff to be embroidered. :-)

This week she is the size of a banana. Which is about right because at my ultrasound on Monday they said she weighed 12 oz. So it's pretty close....According to thebump.com.... Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

Here is a pregnancy survey I found from a fellow blogger. It's pretty neat so I figured I would give it a try!
  • How far along?: 21 weeks.
  • Total weight gain: 6 lbs
  • How big is baby?: 12 oz, so tiny!
  • Maternity clothes?: Yep.
  • Stretch marks?: None yet, and I am hoping I am lucky enough for it to stay this way!
  • Sleep?: Every night is a different night, some nights I can get great sleep and others I am waking up every hour. :-(
  • Best moment this week?: Seeing how much our little peanut has grown!
  • Movement?: Yes, and lots. Especially at night! Lots and lots of kicks!
  • Food cravings?: Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
  • Labor signs?: None yet, thank goodness!
  • Belly button in or out?: In!
  • What I miss: Sleeping on my belly!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery!

0 comments: